Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website
- To contribute to effectively solving the issues of ensuring the uniformity of measurements, raising the level of metrology development of the countries in the Euro-Asian region and other stakeholders; support and expansion of an integrated measurement infrastructure for the countries in the Euro-Asian region and other interested countries that makes it possible for every National Metrology Institute to promote innovation, competitiveness, trade, consumer safety, sustainability and ensuring international recognition.
- To function as a forum for cooperation in the field of scientific and legal metrology.
The tasks of COOMET are as follows:
- to perform the functions of a regional metrology organization (RMO) and regional legal metrology organization (RLMO);
- to facilitate technical cooperation and to strengthen the links among COOMET members and metrology institutes outside COOMET and other regional and international metrology organizations;
- to create effective mechanisms in order to:
- achieve international recognition of national measurement standards, calibration and measurement certificates, issued by National Metrology Institutes of COOMET member countries under the CIPM MRA, as well as facilitate metrological traceability, mutual provision of metrological services and elimination of technical barriers to trade;
- exchange information on the current status and development trends of the metrological infrastructure in member countries and mutually support their improvement;
- carry out innovative research in metrology;
- use modern information technology in metrology;
- provide and coordinate knowledge and experience transfer process in scientific, legal and industrial metrology;
- apply best practices in the field of scientific and legal metrology.