Deputy General Director -
Acting General Director : Rovshan Aliyev Bafa oglu
Address: 7th Kondalan street, Elchin Isagzadeh settlement, AZ1029, Baku, Azerbaijan
Telephone: +994 12 514 96 05 /101
Fax: +994 12 514 94 36
The Legal entity of public law “Azerbaijan Institute of Metrology” (AzMİ) was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan of February 10, 2017, No. 1234 "About the additional measures connected with enhancement of management in the sphere of standardization, metrology, accreditation and protection of subjects of the patent law".
LEPL “Azerbaijan Institute of Metrology” (AzMİ) operates under the State Antimonopoly Service and Consumer Market Control under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Azerbaijan Institute of Metrology includes 5 regional territorial departments.
There are also private and subordinate metrology services in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements in the republic.
The main tasks and activities of the Azerbaijan Institute of Metrology:
- storage, application and improvement of national (state) standards of units of quantities;
- formation and development of the base of state standards;
- ensuring the transfer of units of quantities from state standards;
- ensuring traceability of national (state) standards to the international standards of units of quantities or national standards of units of quantities of other Member States of the Metre Convention;
- participation in the comparisons of national (state) standards in the framework of regional and international metrology organizations;
- implementation of activities in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements, performing work and providing services for calibration and verification of measuring instruments;
- implementation of radioactivity analysis to determine radionuclide isotopes in building materials, food and non-food products;
- testing of measuring instruments for the purpose of type approval, as well as attestation of test equipment;
- metrological examination of technical documentation;
- participation in the improvement of the legislative framework in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements;
- providing entrepreneurs with scientific and methodological assistance in metrological support of production and advice on metrology;
- organization of qualification and retraining of staff, performing works in the field of metrology;
- implementation of other functions stipulated by the Charter of the Institute.