General Director: Dr. Zijad Dzemic
Address: Augusta Brauna 2, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Telephone: +387 (0) 33 568 907
Fax: +387 (0) 33 568 909
Institute of Metrology of Bosnia and Herzegovina (IMBIH) – representing National Metrology Institute in Bosnia and Herzegovina, directly responsible to the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
IMBIH is responsible for the establishment of a comprehensive measuring system in Bosnia and Herzegovina with traceability to the International System of Units, SI.
Areas of IMBIH’s work are:
- Scientific Metrology;
- Legal Metrology;
- Industrial Metrology.
IMBIH’s responsibilities regarding Scientific Metrology:
- Realization and maintenance of national measurement standards ensuring their traceability to the internationally recognized measurement standards – realization of SI base and derived units;
- Establishment of distributed measurement system by appointing other legal entity for performing responsibilities of national measurement standard holder;
- Membership in RMOs and active participation in their activities;
- Promotion of metrology;
- To support research and development in all areas of metrology.
IMBIH’s responsibilities regarding Legal Metrology:
- Issuance of bylaws in accordance with Law on Metrology;
- Supervision of the implementation of Law on Metrology;
- Nomination of laboratories dealing with verification;
- Nomination of bodies for conformity assessment (MID and NAWI and non-harmonized area);
- Nomination of bodies for control of prepacked products;
- Issuance and acceptance of type approval.
IMBIH's Membership in International Organizations:
- EMRP (European Metrology Research Programme) - Member since 2013.
- EURAMET (European Association of National Metrology Institutes) - Member since 2009.
- IAAO (International Association Assay Office) - Observer since 2010.
- WELMEC (European cooperation in legal metrology) - Associate member since 2009.
- GULFMET (Regional Metrology Organization of Gulf countries) - Associate Member since 2013.