19th online meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry": 30 March 2023
20th online meeting of TC 1.4 "Flow Measurement": 31 March 2023
Area: 33,700 km2
Population: 3.567 mln.
Information updated as of 15.03.2023.
Law on metrology
Metrology Law No. 19 adopted in the Republic of Moldova on the 04th of March 2016.
According to the Law on metrology No. 19, adopted in the Republic of Moldova on the 04th of March 2016, the authority responsible for the implementation of the policy in the field of metrology is the Ministry of Economy (Quality Infrastructure and Market Surveillance Department) that is the Central Metrology Authority.
In the field of metrology, the ministry is complying with the provisions of the Law on metrology, enactments of the President of the Republic of Moldova, dispositions, orders, ordinances of the Government of the Republic of Moldova, international agreements and conventions signed by the Republic of Moldova.
The infrastructure of national system of metrology includes:
• Central Metrology Authority (CMA) – central public administration body under the Government, responsible for the quality infrastructure - the Ministry of Economy;
• Public Institution National Institute of Metrology (INM-MD);
• National Measurement Standards Database;
• National Technical Council on Metrology;
• State Inspectorate for non-Food Products Surveillance and Consumer Protection;
• Metrological departments of legal entities.