18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
Director: Mr. Anatolie Melenciuc
Address: 28, E. Coca str., MD 2064, CHISINAU
Telephone: +373 22 903 100
Fax: +373 22 903 111
The Public Institution "National Metrology Institute" is a legal entity and performs its activity on the basis of regulations approved by the Central Metrology Authority and of regulations and provisions of the relevant national legislation. The National Institute for Metrology has the following attributions:
In the field of legal metrology
- Preparation of normative documents on legal metrology (general regulations on legal metrology, rules on legal metrology and legislative procedures for performing measurements), harmonized with international and regional practice;
- Conduct of technical works in legal metrology (type approval, initial, regular and expert verifications of measurement instruments, official measurements, metrological expertise of draft normative documents etc.);
- Maintenance of the State Register of measuring instruments, permitted for use in the Republic of Moldova;
- Participation in the work of international and regional forums in the field of metrology in cooperation with CAM;
- Making and implementation of agreements on mutual recognition of measurement standards and certificates of calibration, issued by national metrology institutes, in accordance with the requirements of the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIPM), as well as implementation of agreements made with other countries on mutual recognition of the results of type approval and results of verification of measuring instruments, used in the areas of public interest;
- Recognition of the results of metrological testing with the purpose of type approval of EU, measuring instrument verification of EU, performed in EU member states, and recognition of the corresponding certificates;
- State registration of legal entities and physical persons, carrying out activities on repair, installation and commissioning of legal measuring instruments, as well as legal entities and physical persons, manufacturing, importing and prepacking products, and legal entities, manufacturing/importing bottles, used as volumetric vessel.
In the field of general metrology
- Implementation of the policy in metrology at the national level;
- Creation, development and maintenance of national measurement standards, keeping and transfer of legal units of measurement;
- Provision of traceability of measurements results by carrying out comparisons of national measurement standards at the regional and international level, calibration of national measurement standards;
- Training and upgrading of skills of specialists, performing works in the field of metrology;
- Preparation and expertise of draft normative and technical documents on ensuring the uniformity of measurements, harmonized with international and national documents of other countries in terms of metrological requirements.