18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
President of UNMS: Mrs. Katarina Surmikova Tatranska
Address: Štefanovičova 3, P.O. Box 76, 810 05 Bratislava 15, Slovak Republic
Telephone: +421 2 57 485 212
Division of Metrology: Mr. Jaroslav Boris
Telephone: +421 2 20 907 270
It is the central steering body of the state administration in the field of metrology, standardisation and testing.
The main tasks and activities of the UNMS in the field of metrology are:
- elaborates the concept of state policy in the field of metrology and ensures its realization;
- prepares legislation and legal rules (acts and decrees) referring to legal metrology;
- represents the Slovak Republic in international metrological organizations, ensures the tasks emerging from this membership and co-ordinates the participation of bodies, legal entities and physical persons in the fulfillment of these tasks as well as of tasks arising from international agreements in the field of metrology, by which the Slovak Republic is bound;
- steering of metrology in the state in the scope given by the Act on Metrology, including subordinate metrology institutions (Slovak Institute of Metrology (SMU), Technical Testing Institute (TSU), Slovak Legal Metrology (SLM), Slovak National Accreditation Service (SNAS) and Slovak Metrology Inspectorate (SMI));
- declares national standards, changes the declaration of national standards and cancels the declaration of national standards;
- determines the kinds of legally controlled measuring instruments, technical requirements and metrological requirements for individual kinds of legally controlled measuring instruments and the methods for their metrological control;
- methodical supervision of metrological activities.