18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
05-06.10.2021: 15th meeting of COOMET TC 1.3 «Electricity and Magnetism»
The 15th TC meeting was held online on 5-6 October 2021.
Representatives of 10 COOMET member countries (Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Uzbekistan, Ukraine) took part in the meeting.
The following issues were discussed during the meeting:
- implementation of actions, provided for in the COOMET Strategy for 2020-2025 and COOMET Development Program for 2020-2022;
- discussion of the resolutions of the Joint Committee for Measurement Standards (JCMS) in terms of development of model calibration procedures for measuring instruments and views of TC members on digitalization in the field of "Electricity and Magnetism";
- fulfilment of the COOMET Roadmap for the Implementation of Decisions Related to the Redefinition of the Basic Units of the International System of Units (SI) in terms of the need and possibility of organization and conduct of comparisons of measurement standards based on Josephson and Hall effect;
- implementation of and need for refinement of the Plan for cooperation between COOMET and EURAMET;
- progress in implementation of the current projects of the COOMET Program of comparisons, carried out within the TC – proposed projects: 799/UA/20 (COOMET.EM-S27), 798/BY/19; agreed projects: 624/GE-a/13 (COOMET.EM-S19), 821/RU-a/20, 813/RU-a/20 (COOMET.EM-S25), 802/UZ-a/20, 783/UZ-a/19, 770/RU‑a/18 (COOMET.EM-S26), 681/RU-a/16 (COOMET.EM-S22);
- action to complete COOMET comparisons, lasting over 5 years;
- update of the Regulation on the TC and lists of technical experts on CMC review.
Main adopted decisions:
- to continue work on comparisons within the TC;
- to adopt the updated draft Regulation on the TC and submit it to the COOMET Committee for approval;
- to request TC members from member countries to nominate specialists to be trained as technical experts;
- to request TC members to monitor the need for development of recommendations, which contain requirements for calibrations of various groups of measuring instruments (Guide on calibration) and send proposals to the TC Secretariat (V. Popko, Head of Division, was appointed as a new TC Executive Secretary).
During the meeting the participants exchanged information about the current state of metrological activity in EM in their countries.
The next TC meeting is scheduled for the first decade of October 2022. The format of the meeting will be decided in view of the situation with the Covid-19 pandemic.