Online meeting of TC 1.11 "Time and Frequency": 29 November 2021
10-11.11.2021: 18th meeting of TC 1.5 "Length and Angle"
The 18th meeting of TC 1.5 "Length and Angle" was held online on 10 to 11 November 2021. Representatives of 15 COOMET member countries took part in the meeting.
The EURAMET TC-L Chair Sten Bergstrand, APMP TC-L Chair Zi Xue and a member of the Consultative Committee for Length Steve Brian participated in the meeting as guests.
9 items of the agenda were considered at the meeting, including:
– information report on the resolutions of the 20th meeting of the COOMET Joint Committee for Measurement Standards and discussion of matters related to the adopted resolutions;
– progress report on COOMET projects and update of the TC 1.5 Work Program;
– presentation of the process of transformation of uncertainty expression in CMC entries;
– update of the Regulation on TC 1.5 in view of document COOMET D5:2021 "Model Regulations for COOMET Structural Bodies";
– about the implementation of the CIPM MRA;
– election of the TC 1.5 Chair.
During the meeting the implementation of all comparisons, carried out under the auspices of TC 1.5, were discussed in detail, the Work Program was reviewed (inter alia, some projects were excluded from the Program of Comparisons). Particular attention was drawn to reducing the timeframes for COOMET comparisons and to the appropriateness of conducting a greater number of key COOMET comparisons in the future.
Preparation of model calibration procedures for various groups of measuring instruments within TC 1.5 was also discussed (in view of item 78 of the COOMET Development Program for 2020-2022).
The issue of possible changes in the TC structure was debated – discussion will continue at the next meeting.
TC 1.5 members nominated candidates for the position of the TC 1.5 Chair for the period from 2022 to 2026 – the COOMET Secretariat will further organize e-voting in accordance with the requirements of document COOMET D5/2021.
The Chairs of EURAMET TC-L and APMP TC-L presented to the participants information about the situation in the field of length in those RMOs.
A CCL member Steve Brian gave a presentation on the transformation of uncertainty expression in CMC entries in KCDB 2.0. The need to update the CMC entries on length published in the KCDB as soon as possible in view of the CCL requirements was agreed.
The next TC 1.5 meeting is scheduled for the 2nd decade of September 2022.