18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
27-28.09.2021: 22nd online meeting of TC 2 "Legal Metrology"
22nd meeting of TC 2 “Legal Metrology” was held online using Zoom platform on 27-28 September 2021.
Representatives of 11 COOMET member countries took part in the meeting: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Germany, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Slovakia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine – TC 2 members and their representatives, representative of TC 4 secretariat, as well as invited specialists.
The following issues were considered during the meeting:
- discussion of the format and topics of cooperation in the areas of activity within the framework of TC 2;
- development of COOMET Recommendations based on OIML publications;
- discussion of cooperation issues with RLMOs;
- discussion of possible topics of online training courses (in e-learning format) on issues of legal metrology, which are of interest to specialists of COOMET member countries.
The coordinators of the directions (2.1 "Measuring devices in Legal Metrology", 2.3 "Medical equipment with measuring functions", 2.4 "Conformity assessment of measuring instruments" and 2.5 "Digitalization in legal metrology") presented their proposals on the concept of work within these directions and possible topics of cooperation. Discussion on this issue will be continued within the framework of a series of working online meetings among experts in each area and at the meeting of TC 2 in 2022.
On other issues of the agenda, agreements were reached on:
- ighlighting a new direction of activity within the framework of TC 2 - "General principles of metrological control and supervision";
- expediency of development of COOMET recommendation on publication of OIML D10 (the question of expediency of development of COOMET recommendations on such publications of OIML as OIML G19, OIML D23, OIML D30 will be considered at the next meeting of TC 2 in 2022);
- posting on COOMET web resources translations into Russian of OIML publications, as well as documents of other regional legal metrology organizations (RLMO), subject to obtaining an official consent;
- conducting a survey to assess the current situation on the application of the RLMO publications in the COOMET member countries and the expediency of their application in the future (taking into account the list of RLMO publications prepared within the framework of the 844/UA/21 project) according to the questionnaire agreed at the meeting;
- conducting a survey of TC 2 members about their interest in translating of publications of other RLMOs (TOP 10) that are most relevant to their countries;
- conducting a survey of TC2 members regarding the possible topics of online training courses (including in the e-learning format) on legal metrology issues of interest to specialists from COOMET member countries.
Within the framework of the meeting, a session in the format of "brainstorming" took place to discuss the problems of digitalization in the field of legal metrology. The participants exchanged information of the current level of digitalization in their countries. An agreement was reached on the need to collect information on the national resources available in the COOMET member countries aimed at digitalizing the processes and results of metrological activities. It was agreed that the following areas should be considered as the most important issues of digitalization in the field of legal metrology within COOMET:
- digital data exchange;
- repository of documents based on the results of metrological works (certificates, etc.);
- methods for remote metrological work (verification, calibration, conformity assessment, etc.);
- digital databanks, work with big data.
During the meeting, the importance of conducting training events on digitalization in the field of legal metrology within COOMET and the constant exchange of information on this issue between the participants of cooperation was noted.
An agreement was also reached to hold a series of COOMET webinars under the auspices of TC 2 on digitalization issues (including digital calibration certificates, digital workflows, information exchange on available resources and databases, etc.) and a final discussion in the Round Table format (early 2022).
The next meeting of TC 2 will be held in September 2022.