The Department of Metrology of SAMR is responsible for metrology administration.
Contact person: Mr. Zheng Huaxin
Address: No.9 Madiandonglu Haidian District, Beijing, 100088 P. R. China
E-mail: the email system is under development currently
The State Administration for Market Regulation of P. R. China (SAMR) is the ministerial, administrative body directly under the State Council of the People’s Republic of China in charge of the following duties:
- To conduct comprehensive supervision and management of the market;
- To execute uniform registration of market economic operators and strengthen and information transparency and sharing mechanism to organized integrated market surveillance enforcement and undertake antimonopoly law enforcement, so as to normalize and maintain the market order;
- To organize the fulfilment of the national quality strategy, promoting industry quality advancement, promoting imported food safety and supervising the special equipment safety as well;
- To be responsible for the building up national systems and infrastructure of measurement, standards, testing, certification and accreditation;
- In addition, SAMR is also entrusted to oversee the newly restated State Drug Administration and newly restructured State Bureau of Intellectual Property.