18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
Acting President: Mr. Pak Song Guk
Director of Metrology Department: Dr. Jo Hui Kon
Address: Inhung-Dong No.1, Moranbong District, Pyongyang, DPR Korea
Telephone: + 850 2 18111 (ext. 381 8989)
Fax: + 850 2 381 44 10
The institution responsible for legal metrology is the State Administration for Quality Management (SAQM) responsible for the metrological works in the country. It is charged with the following main activities:
- to elaborate and realize the state policy in metrology;
- to define and register the measurement standards for the unification of measurement units and maintenance of their accuracy;
- to approve the measuring means;
- to accredit the self-calibration institution;
- to organize and carry out the inspection and supervision in the field of metrology;
- to elaborate the law, regulations and rules on metrology;
- to approve the guidelines to the calibration and pattern evaluation.
Territorial Institutions of Calibration are the subordinate of SAQM. These institutions are charged with the following main activities:
- to maintain the working standards and reference instruments;
- to calibrate the ordinary measuring instruments belonging to the category of state calibration within the territory;
- to carry out the supervision and control on metrology;
- to give technical and administrative guidance to the self-calibration institutions within the territory.