18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
Under the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania State Research Institute Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (FTMC) is authorized to represent the NMI of Lithuania in international organizations CGPM, EURAMET and COOMET.
FTMC, as the National Metrology Institute, renewed in 2014 signing of CIPM MRA.
State Research Institute Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (FTMC)
Director: Dr. Gintaras Valušis
Address: Savanorių avenue 231, LT-02300 Vilnius, Lithuania
Telephone: +370 5 264 9211
Fax: +370 5 260 2317
Head of department: Dr. Evaldas Naujalis
Address: Lukiškių 9, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania
Telephone: +370 5 261 2758
Fax: +370 5 262 7123
The Metrology Department of the State Research Institute for Physical Sciences and technology (FTMC) performs the functions of the Lithuanian NMI. The Metrology Department of FTMC stores primary measurement standards of time and frequency, temperature, electrical units, length, mass, metrology in chemistry and ionizing radiation (radioactivity).
Field of activity of the FTMC Metrology Department:
- performance of NMI functions;
- participation as a representative of Lithuanian NMI in the work of international organizations (CGPM, EURAMET and COOMET);
- coordination of functions;
- reproduction and transmission of SI units for measuring time and frequency, temperature, electrical units, ionizing radiation and metrological methods of chemistry, mass and length;
- research and development of national measurement standards;
- transfer of reference values of measurement units and chemical and metrological methods to metrological services and laboratories;
- development of measurement methods and calibration procedures;
- training and consultations on metrology;
- participation in the research work of the Center;
- cooperation with NMIs of other countries.