18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
Correct measurements have a direct impact on all spheres of human life. They allow ordering and facilitating commercial transactions, consumer protection, make accurate diagnoses of diseases, help preserve the environment, the rational use of natural resources, and which together affect the quality of life of people.
With the globalization of markets metrology becomes more important and more emphasis on the relationship between costs and quality, quality and trade, measurements and quality control, calibration, laboratory accreditation, traceability and certification. Metrology allows the ordering of these functions and consistent operation with the aim of improving and ensuring the quality of products and services.
The development of metrology provides multiple benefits such as:
- Promotes the development of a harmonized system of measuring, testing accuracy, necessary to make the industry competitive.
- Provides industry measurement tools necessary for research and development of specific areas and to define and control the quality of products.
- Improve methods and means of measurement.
- Facilitates the exchange of scientific and technical information.
- Facilitates greater international standardization of products in general, machinery, equipment and measuring instruments.