18th meeting of TC 1.7 "Photometry and Radiometry" (сombined format: VNIIOFI (Moscow, Russia) and online): 12-14 October 2021
15th online meeting of TC 1.1 "General Metrology"
and webinar of implementation of the CIPM MRA documents: 15 October 2021
The functions of the state scientific metrological center are performed by the Republican state enterprise "Kazakhstan Institute of Standardization and Metrology" (RSE "KazStandard"), formed in 2020 by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated October 2, 2020 No. 639, as a result of the merger of two institutions - RSE "Kazakhstan Institute of Standardization and Certification" (KazInSt) and RSE "Kazakhstan Institute of Metrology" (KazInMetr).
RSE "KazStandard" carries out the creation, improvement and storage of state standards, providing the highest link in the traceability chain of measurements in Kazakhstan.
As of March 2021, the RSE "KazStandard" employs 325 people, 13 branches operate in 13 regions of the country.
General Director: Mr. Gabit Mukhambetov
Address: Center of Measurement Standards, Mangilik El Avenue, 11,
010000, Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan
Telephone: +7 (7172) 28 29 99
In the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements RSE "KazStandard" carries out:
- conducting scientific research in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements;
- carrying out comparisons of the results of verification, calibration of measuring instruments and interlaboratory comparative tests;
- carrying out work on professional development and retraining of personnel in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements;
- creation, improvement, storage and application of state measurement standards of units of quantities;
- creation of systems for transferring the sizes of units of quantities;
- development of documents on standardization in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements, measurement procedures, methods of verification and calibration of measuring instruments;
- production and repair of measuring instruments;
- production of standard samples, certified mixtures, calibration gas mixtures;
- verification and calibration of measuring instruments in accordance with Article 18 of this Law;
- carrying out metrological certification of measurement procedures in accordance with Article 18 of this Law;
- carrying out metrological expertise;
- carrying out and participation in comparisons of measurement standards of units of quantities;
- testing of measuring instruments for the purposes of type approval, metrological certification of measuring instruments, certification of test equipment;
- maintaining the register of the state system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements;
- certification, recertification and revocation of certificates of verifiers of measuring instruments;
- organization of production of verification marks;
- approbation of methods for checking measuring instruments;
- performance of work to ensure the uniformity of measurements of time and frequency, determination of the parameters of the Earth's rotation;
- performance of work related to the development and implementation of standard reference data on physical constants and properties of substances and materials;
- fulfillment of other powers established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In the system of ensuring traceability of measurements from state standards to working measuring instruments used at industrial and manufacturing enterprises of the country, calibration and calibration laboratories of Kazakhstan participate, which are accredited in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On accreditation in the field of conformity assessment" from the National Accreditation Center (LLP "NCA").
As of March 2021, a total of 352 calibration laboratories and 75 calibration laboratories, 3 organizations that carry out metrological certification of measurement methods are accreditated in Kazakhstan.