27th meeting of TC 1.6 "Mass and Related Quantities": 27-28 September, combined format (VNIIM, Russia & ONLINE)
21th meeting of TC 1.4 "Flow Measurement":
13 October 2023, online.
On 14 June 2023 the X International Competition "Best Young Metrologist of COOMET - 2023" was held in a hybrid format (Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation, and online) at the venue of the II International scientific and practical conference of young metrologists and specialists "The Future is Ours".
In total, 16 young specialists from NMIs of COOMET member countries (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Uzbekistan) took part in the competition.
The event was opened by the COOMET President V. Hurevich and COOMET Vice-President E. Lazarenko, who delivered welcoming speeches and wished success to all the participants.
The Scientific Committee of the competition included representatives of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russian and Turkey.
Chair of Scientific Committee:
- Valery Hurevich, CООМЕТ President, BelGIM, Belarus.
Members of Scientific Committee:
- Evgeny Lazarenko, CООМЕТ Vice-President, Rosstandart, Russia;
- Nikolay Zhagora, BelGIM, Belarus;
- Anna Chunovkina, Chair of TC 1.1 "General Questions Concerning Measurements (General Metrology)", VNIIM, Russia;
- Lev Isaev, VNIIMS, Russia;
- Konstantin Chekirda, Chair of TC 1.5 « Length and Angle », VNIIM, Russia;
- Raushan Aimagambetova, KazStandard, Kazakhstan;
- Enver Sadikoglu, TÜBİTAK UME, Türkiye.
Secretary of Scientific Committee:
- Ekaterina Kozmina, Chair of SC 4.3, VNIIMS, Russia.
Members of the Scientific Committee, chaired by the COOMET President, evaluated the heard works of the applicants for the title of winners and prize-winners of the Competition. The competition works were evaluated according to five criteria: relevance and scientific novelty, practical value, implementation of the results, and presentation skills and design.
According to the evaluation results and after the objective consideration of the positions by all members of the Scientific Committee, the following persons were recognized the winners of the competition:
- Ruslan Davlatov (VNIIFTRI, Russia) for the best report in the field of scientific metrological activity;
- Sultanbek Smagulov (KazStandard, Kazakhstan) for the best report in the field of applied metrological activity.
Special awards went to:
- Aleksey Matveev (VNIIFTRI, Russia) – for 2nd place;
- Ekaterina Sumanova (VNIIOFI, Russia) – for 3rd place; and
- Karina Mishina (VNIIM, Russia) – for the best report in English.
We are happy to congratulate the winners on their well-deserved victory in the competition, we wish them not to stop at the achieved result, to strive to develop and always move forward.
The Scientific Committee expresses its gratitude to all the participants of the competition for their interesting works and reports, and wishes them good health, optimist, bright creative ideas and their successful implementation in their future professional activities.
The competition participants noted the well-coordinated work of the Organizing Committee and expressed their gratitude for the preparation and holding of the competition to the host represented by the Director of FSUE "D.I. Mendeleev Institute for Metrology" A.Pronin and staff members of the institute.
Abstracts of participants’ papers:
- Armenia - A. A. Khachatryan & R. V. Ter-Antonyan
- Belarus - D.V. Ivashenko & A.A. Bagdun
- Kazakhstan – S. Smagulov (KZ) & K. Mishagin
- Russia - А. Matveev, А. Shimolin, V. Lopatin, G. Lukin, E. Sumanova & A. Golovanov & S.Tarelkin & N. Agafonova, K. Zayats & S. Bychkov, K. Mishina, O. Pervukhina & M. Krasheninina, R. Davlatov, F.Vinogradov & V.Minaev & G.Vishnyakov, Y. Frolova & A. Nadiradze
- Uzbekistan -V. Nishonov & N. Muminov & Sh. Ismatullaev, I. Abdumajidov & A. Anvarov
Minutes No 1 (in Russian)
Minutes No 2 (in Russian)
Proceedings of the Competition (in Russian & English)